Braces Are Not All About Straightening Your Teeth!
Here are other benefits of wearing braces.
1. Alleviation of Speech Impairment
– Disproportionate teeth have an impact on the way we sound out words. Teeth play a crucial role in helping you distinctly pronounce words. If teeth are misaligned, this can negatively affect your speaking patterns.
2. Preventing Bone Erosion
– Misaligned teeth often lead to bone loss. Braces move periodontal ligaments by stretching the connective tissues and nerves. Over time, the bones will naturally rebuild once they settle into their new spot.
3. Aid Digestion
– It can be difficult to chew food into tiny bits if your teeth are misaligned. As a result, the stomach takes longer to digest food. Once you can chew properly with the help of braces, your food will be more easily and fully digested.
4. Help Improve Your Overall Oral Health
-Your teeth may overlap with each other and create tight spaces when they’re crooked or crowded. Straighter teeth are generally easier to clean, brush and floss. With orthodontic treatment, your teeth will become properly aligned and spaced out so that you can clean your mouth better.
5. Provide a Confidence Boost
– Oftentimes, people don’t feel confident in showing off their teeth when they’re crooked. This can lead to low self-esteem and anxiety. It helps to know that braces are a temporary treatment option that can provide you with a lifetime of a warm, confident smile.
DSA ROSLINA TADZIM
Dental Surgeon Assistant